Wednesday, August 10, 2005


Last night I witnessed something. It was strange. As I drove my car, headed to a friends house, I noticed something in the nighted distance. It was large and dark, and it was moving. And all I could think was: What is this roiling mass before me? As I neared, it became the greasy undercarriage of a vehicle, then the upturned side of a black SUV, then the the full black body of steel and plastic and rubber and paint, careening through the air, a graceful broken beast.

And then it landed. On all fours, as it were.

I drove past, amazed and stupefied, and it took a moment for me to realize that I should pull over and make sure the driver was ok. So I pulled onto a large median, parked my car and ran to the scene of the accident, only to find that the SUV was no longer there! The driver left the scene of his own accident. Maybe he was in shock. Maybe he was drunk. I like to think that he was being chased by Yakuza assassins who wanted to kill him for stealing 6 billion yen in heroin and bootleg Star Wars DVDs.

Yeah.

2 Comments:

Blogger dave of daveness said...

for some reason i am reminded of this conversation...

http://ubernym.tripod.com/id13.html

3:11 PM  
Blogger J.E. Remy said...

Curse-ed Yakuza and their Star-Wars-lovin' ways.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home